How Can Geofencing In Savannah Integrate With A Security System?
Today's smart security installations are becoming increasingly more intelligent. Even so, it doesn't take much to neglect to perform basic security chores like activating your home security, closing the garage, or even securing your front door.
How would you feel if you didn’t have to remember doing these things in the future? When you implement geofencing in Savannah, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Savannah For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual boundary along the sides of your house, which you can set up in your cell phone app. The technology then tracks your phone to determine when you cross the perimeter and then triggers the tasks you have programmed.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart devices use to interact with each other. This technological advancement takes smart home devices further by centralizing all components onto the same network. You can institute a virtual “fence” along the perimeter of your home and designate the specific actions you want to occur as you move beyond the specified border.
For instance, as soon as you pull away from your premises, you can program your security system to secure your front and back doors, close the garage, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you come back home, geofencing will inform your system to disengage the alarm, raise the garage door, activate lighting, and even adjust your your temperature settings.
These are a handful of the components you may control with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Electronic devices such as speakers or TVs
● Garage door sensors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are All Possible With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can use your home security system in Savannah. When accessing the mobile app, you have the ability to do a lot with home automation. With just a few taps of your phone, and you can:
● Enable Scheduling: program your smart alarms and cameras to activate at a specific time. Instruct your lighting to turn down to tell you that it's time for bed, or deactivate your alarms when you get up.
● Control device interactions: Make certain devices engage in response to a triggered event. Have your thermostat activate the connected fan when the fire alarm trips. Or illuminate your smart bulb in the hallway when your surveillance system notices abnormal activity in the yard.
● Customize scenes: Design scenes featuring various devices that function in unison. Make your lights turn off, the A/C go down, and the smart locks bolt when it's time for bed. Or set the mood for movie night with preset light and HVAC adjustments.
● Take advantage of geofencing: You may not always remember to arm the security system when you're running late for work. With geofencing technology and your cell phone, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and put down the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Savannah
Whether you’re looking for additional reassurance of a fully secured property whenever you go to work or you want to explore your home automation options, geofencing will make things easier. Speak with a skilled member of our team today at (912) 226-4483 or submit the form on this page to start designing your optimal security system.