There was a time not long ago when wired components were your only choice when designing a home security system. You could forget about putting a video camera on a table or managing your implements with a cell phone. With that being said, home security has changed dramatically over the years, due in large part to the emergence of wireless systems. You presently have a wealth of extra advantages to experience -- like remote access, components that connect and react to each other, and simpler installs. Wireless home security systems in Savannah will defend your home while making your life more convenient.
Things To Think About When Going Wireless
Arguably the most important facet of wireless home security can be summed up in two words - internet connection. If you have access to fast internet and a quality Wi-Fi router, you’re on the right path for wireless equipment.
If you’re concerned about the internet going down or the loss of power, explore security systems that have cellular and battery backups available to keep you connected to your monitoring team indefinitely.
If you live in an area without dependable access to internet or cellular services, a wired installation will likely be better. Or It could also be to your advantage from a financial standpoint to opt for the traditional route if you relocate to a house that already has wiring connected.
Advantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both traditional wired and wireless home security systems in Savannah will boost your family’s protection, which is the primary goal in the first place. However, if you like the possibility of having the most advanced features, review these benefits of wireless:
- Access from anywhere: Enjoy access to all the components in your house from your locks to your thermostat directly from the palm of your hand utilizing the ADT Control app. You are able to view who’s at the front door, turn on your connected lights, and even turn on your alarm in the event you neglected to do so. Whenever a security event comes up, you are able to have notifications sent directly to your mobile device.
- Easy installation and customizing: You no longer need to worry about the endless wiring, drywall damage, and lengthy installs. One of the greatest facets of wireless gadgets is that you may place them practically in any location and in less time. If you wish to update at a later time with the latest equipment, integrating elements into your network is simple.
- Interactions between components: Wireless technology makes interactions between devices possible with quick, two-way communications. Program your devices to act in specific circumstances to boost your safety and deter home invasions. For instance, if your outside video camera detects unusual activity on your property, it can automatically direct your inside lights to illuminate.
Disadvantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Savannah
Despite the fact that wireless home security systems in Savannah have shown to be a good choice, it’s only natural if you have a few reservations about utilizing one. The following are a few of the common concerns:
- Battery-run wireless devices could fail when the battery dies. While this might be true, your smart components will alert you whenever batteries are getting low.
- Sensors usually have to be placed within a set distance from your home’s command center. ADT can provide range extenders in various scenarios to enhance your flexibility.
- Similar to all types of internet-connected networks, the threat of getting hacked persists. You can do things to prevent this by utilizing hard-to-crack passwords, always updating default settings, and using a router with an integrated firewall. Additionally, you should only employ security elements with 128-bit encryption or higher.
Ready To Go Wireless? Call Your Security Specialists
Have you decided to experience the benefits of the latest in Savannah wireless home security? Call (912) 226-4483 to speak with the security professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will help you design the most suitable package for your home.