Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Savannah
You realize you need to defend your home. Beyond everything else, it supplies shelter for your family and is where you have all of your belongings. But what is the right form of home defense? Determining if you should utilize round-the-clock monitoring is one of the chief choices you need to make. Explore the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Savannah and see what’s best for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you select round-the-clock monitoring, your home’s protection bridges to a third-party monitoring team that is prepared to provide help at a moment’s notice. If a window sensor trips or a CO detector goes off, your monitoring agents receive a notification instantly. They will work quickly to verify the alarm and send the appropriate first responders.
Conversely, an unmonitored security system doesn’t include professional support. You might consider this to be self-monitoring, meaning that if your alarm goes off, you need to respond to get it resolved. This option is the less expensive alternative, but it also reduces your peace of mind.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Savannah
Here’s a short breakdown of the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having a backup on your side is always a good choice. If you are not on site, sleeping, or without access to your smartphone, your residence and those inside will still be watched over.
- Quicker response: Monitoring agents are always standing by to help. They’ll respond faster to incidents than you can on your own.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security systems might make you eligible for a homeowners insurance price cut.
- Superior components and flawless integration: By getting equipment, installation, and monitoring from a trusted home security specialist, you will gain access to a cohesive system with sensors and alarms that may be of a higher quality than what you will find yourself.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Cost: You will pay a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Have to get a professional install: Countless individuals prefer to have work taken care of by experienced technicians, but some do-it-yourselfers might object.
- Have to sign a contract: You will usually have to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This stipulation will be satisfactory for numerous residents as home security is something you will want long term.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In Savannah
Here’s a brief overview of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t have a monitoring bill.
- Install yourself: DIYers may consider this a benefit as they can install the system themselves and not have an extra charge. Other people will prefer going with a professional.
- Greater Flexibility: You can integrate equipment whenever you want - and from your choice of manufacturer. However, you may find integrating into a fully connected system a challenge.
- Control: You won’t have a third party monitoring your home’s defense. If something happens, it’s up to you to get support.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What if you’re away from your cell phone and don’t get a security warning? This scenario will lead to added stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Requires your full attention: As you are the sole person in control, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- No assistance connecting the system: If you require a helping hand during an installation, you might have to hire someone else. The installation is also likely to take a greater amount of time.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Savannah
Get the round-the-clock support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Savannah from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored system is the best solution for you. Dial (912) 226-4483 today to customize your package.