Where To Place Home Security Cameras In Savannah?
Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Savannah? Normally, you should consider three major regions of the home for camera installations: your front door, the outside perimeter, and strategic interior positions. While your security installer is able to suggest where to start, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Always Protect Your Front Entryway
Although you might find it unlikely that a criminal would try to just enter through primary entrance, 34% of invasions occur at this passageway. You can also count porch pirates among other threats to think about. A video doorbell is able to manage these possibilities with an HD, wide angle lens.
Video doorbells are extra useful as you have the ability to chat with any visitors who walk up and ring the bell. With the help of your security app, like ADT Control, you have the option to answer every ring with two-way communications and live video and look like you’re home. Then if someone does try to do something questionable, you can have your video surveillance automatically record a clip and transmit it to your cell phone through a text.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your External Video Surveillance
Where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is often a difficult undertaking. Thankfully, there are a handful of recommendations to make sure your property is safeguarded appropriately.
- Corners of your Savannah home offer an impressive sightline, as you can see two parts of your yard.
- Position underneath an overhanging eave or straight into a bit of trim or siding are excellent options for surveillance devices as they will be partly concealed by the edge of your house.
- Above your garage, as the garage door is a more enticing access point for burglars than you’d think!
- Over a deck or sliding door -- or any entrance not visible from the sidewalk.
For each installation, be sure to cut back any overgrown plants or trees that may block the camera’s view.
Tips For Getting The Best Results From Your Interior Video Equipment
You have more options on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your home in Savannah. That same versatility results in there being more factors to think about:
- Beware of Sun Glare: While you’ll want to be certain your windows are closed and locked, the natural light from a window may cause glare and affect your camera’s video feed. Point the front of your camera away from any direct views of windows to avoid this.
- Use Your Height Advantage: In the same fashion as an observation deck, a surveillance device located in a higher spot will produce a wider field of vision. Consider putting your cameras above bookcases or affixed to the ceiling.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your camera won’t be able to defend your property if anything happens to it. Set your security cameras in a spot where kids and your furry friends can’t mess with them. You might consider mounting or a different method of securing them to be certain they won’t wobble if accidentally bumped.
- Houseplants and Decor: The best video camera will fail to be of much use if there is a houseplant blocking the view. However, decor or foliage can also serve as a means to conceal your recording devices. Just ensure they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and other security equipment, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Let us customize the perfect system for your complete residence -- defending every square foot. Just call (912) 226-4483 or submit the form below to get started.